xMatters Cookies Policy
This policy explains what cookies are, how we and third-parties we partner with use them on the service, and what your options are.
What are cookies?
Cookies are small text files that websites use to make a user’s experience more efficient. Most often, they are used to keep track of things like a user’s browser settings, site preferences, and authentication levels. They can also be used to gather demographic and browsing information that is then used to tailor each user’s experience – for example, to show targeting advertising.
We only store cookies on your device automatically if they are strictly necessary for the operation of the service. Other cookies, such as those used to gather demographic data or other information, require your explicit permission.
For more information about cookies, see the following third-party websites:
Like most websites, the service gathers certain information and stores it automatically in log files. This helps us monitor site traffic, referrals, exit patterns, browser and operating system trends, and clickstream data. We may combine this automatically collected log information with other information we collect about users.
What choices do you have with cookies?
You can choose whether to accept non-necessary cookies or, if you’ve already accepted them and change your mind, instruct your web browser to reject or delete them. For information on how to do this, consult your browser’s help pages or documentation.
Remember that if you do delete cookies or tell your browser to reject them, you might not be able to use all the features we offer, the site might not be able to store your preferences, and some of our pages might not display properly. You are also more likely to encounter advertising or messaging that is irrelevant or meaningless to you.
What cookies does xMatters use?
The xMatters service uses different types of cookies, both necessary and analytical, and some cookies that are placed by third-party services appearing on our pages. The different types of cookies include the following:
- Strictly Necessary: These cookies make a website usable by enabling basic functions like page navigation and authentication checks for secure areas of the site. The website cannot function properly without these cookies.
- Performance: These cookies enhance the user’s experience by remembering information like language and region preferences that change the way the website behaves or looks.
- Statistics Analytics: These cookies collect and report information anonymously to help us understand how visitors interact with the site.
- Targeting: These cookies track visitors across websites to help display advertising that is relevant and engaging for individual users, and thereby more valuable for publishers and third-party advertisers.
- Unclassified: These cookies are in the process of being classified, together with their providers.
For a complete list of the cookies xMatters uses on our service, see the following sections.