Slack delivers a communication tool that enables real-time collaboration for companies and teams. Combined with xMatters, this Slack bot allows individuals to collaborate with the correct on-call resources directly via Slack to coordinate and resolve incidents faster. Slack users can simply message the xMatters Slack Bot to quickly see who is on call from a specific team and leverage your group on-call schedules and rotations, escalation rules, and user device preferences to quickly engage the right resources into the targeted Slack room. xMatters eliminates the need to switch back and forth between systems, so your team can resolve incidents faster.
- Message the @xMatters Slack Bot to find groups, check who is on call, and invite additional resources to a targeted Slack room
Automate handoffs across your toolchain
Integrating xMatters across your monitoring and service management tools allows you to automatically transfer key data throughout your systems to drive workflows forward. Collaboration invites for Slack reference key data from your monitoring or service management tools so your resolution teams can quickly get up to speed and take action.
- Initiate a targeted chat room via Slack with key data from other tools
- Automatically assign a service management ticket to the responder
- Record Slack chat room activity back into a service management ticket
- Use slash commands to add comments to a service management ticket or StatusPage