Virtually every company has evolved from working with products (things) to working with information. Your whole company runs on information, so you need to figure out how to share it, analyze it, and make the most of it.
So when information is locked up in logs and systems that not everyone uses, the company has to work harder to produce the same results. The company also has to work harder to access and analyze important information when things go wrong so they can figure out how to resolve issues quickly and improve processes going forward.
A log management solution like Sumo Logic can be just the ticket. Sumo Logic scheduled search alerts trigger xMatters notifications with responses that can be integrated into all of your IT tools, replacing manual steps in your incident management process.
With Sumo Logic, you can gain real-time operational and security insights:
- Monitor, secure and troubleshoot your modern/cloud applications and infrastructures
- Gain insights through advanced analytics platform powered by machine learning
- 100% SaaS offering enables you to be up and running in minutes
- Leverage the power of elastic cloud to scale infinitely with no lockout penalties
- Drive business value, growth and competitive advantage
You just need to create a webhook connection in Sumo Logic that targets the URL, and add that webhook as an alert type to a saved search. xMatters will now notify your specified recipients whenever the search is triggered! Check out the screenshots at the top of this page to see what the notifications would look like in the xMatters mobile app.
Sumo Logic integration with xMatters
The integration with xMatters extends the massive searching power of Sumo Logic and delivers the right information to the right person at the right time. Users search for terms using the Sumo Logic Query Language, then save the search for future use.
With real-time processing, any new log entries that satisfy the search criteria trigger the saved search and fire a webhook to xMatters. The Integration Builder then transforms the payload into an event, and notifies the targeted recipient.
Integrating xMatters with your other tools allows you to automatically transfer key Sumo Logic alert data throughout your systems and drive workflows forward. Notifications embedded with Sumo Logic data allow you to take immediate action.
- Create a service management ticket with the Sumo Logic insights
- Invite people across multiple teams to a conference call with context from Sumo Logic
- Initiate a targeted chat room via Slack, HipChat or Hubot
- Record chat room activity back into a service management ticket
To learn more about Sumo Logic and the integration with xMatters, visit the xMatters website.
Better Monitoring Starts Here
You already know the longer it takes to detect a problem, the more expensive it is to resolve. Your testing needs to happen earlier in the development pipeline while taking into account all aspects of privacy, security and monitoring. Read the four-part DevOps testing eBook to learn how to detect problems earlier in your DevOps testing processes by:
- Proactively responding to your monitoring software
- Integrating your security reqs in your initial development
- Replicating real-world conditions to find unexpected variables
- Performing continuous testing to uncover points of failure