When you find a sick, injured or orphaned native animal anywhere in New South Wales, Australia, you call WIRES (Wildlife Information, Rescue and Education Service). For saving injured animals, WIRES uses a network of volunteer rescuers and caregivers. Read the WIRES case study and learn how WIRES uses xMatters for to connect volunteers with animals in the field.
Highlights of the WIRES case study:
- NSW WIRES Inc. is the largest wildlife rescue service in Australia and has been rescuing animals since 1985.
- Over 77,000 rescue calls in 12 months
- Up to 400 rescue requests per day during spring and summer months
- Automated communications are reducing response times
- Volunteers are using the xMatters mobile app in the field to respond from anywhere