Animal Rescue Down Under – Intelligent communications help volunteers save injured animals
When you find a sick, injured or orphaned native animal anywhere in New South Wales, Australia, you call WIRES. To help as many animals as possible WIRES uses a network of volunteer rescuers and caregivers. Learn how WIRES uses xMatters for Intelligent Communications connecting volunteers with animals in the field.
- NSW WIRES (Wildlife Information, Rescue and Education Service) Inc. is the largest wildlife rescue service in Australia and has been rescuing animals since 1985.
- Over 77,000 rescue calls in 12 months
- Up to 400 rescue requests per day during spring and summer months
- Automated communications are reducing response times
- Volunteers are using the xMatters mobile app in the field to respond from anywhere