Welcome to the xMatters Community Resource Center. Here, you will find an extensive collection of materials related to the use of xMatters’ products and services, as well as a forum for providing and sharing ideas, successes, and responses to other users’ questions. The hope is that xMatters’ community of users will see it as a benefit to be able to interact with other xMatters’ users. xMatters encourages participants in the community to help each other out, post tips and tricks, share requests on how to improve xMatters products and to share how you use xMatters within your organization.
How do I start?
What if I need support?
Awesome! That is what we’re here for. Here are some guidelines for having the best support experience:
- Be very descriptive. More context and more of the story will help community members have the information they need to help you:
- Include the product you’re using and the version of that product. For instance, “I am using the PHP Agent 3.1.2 on a LAMP stack.”
- Include a step-by-step rundown so that others can try to reproduce the issue.
- If you want help from xMatters support staff on an issue visible in RPM then post the permalink for xMatters support staff to view. Only xMatters will be able to access and view your permalink.
- Include any of your relevant screenshots (black out or crop out any personally identifiable information).
- Include any clear code snippets that you are using for NR instrumentation[Is any of this relevant? Will there be support?]
What if my support needs require sharing logs?
Logs can help in a variety of situations. If the logs you need to share include personally identifiable information, please either black out or remove those details prior to sharing or start your topic without the logs. If we need logs to help out then we’ll ask, promise!
What if I have a Feature Request?
We want to hear your story. Please share with the community what you’d like to see in xMatters, including changes, support for platforms, improvements, or entirely new features. Sharing your story or use-case can really help our product managers understand your core needs. The more detail you include the better to help us improve xMatters for you.[Do you want to offer this?]
What if my post doesn’t fit into any of the above descriptions?
Post anyway! If you’d like to discuss the community itself, post in Meta. If you have a general tech topic that you’d like to discuss, post in Dev Chat. If none of these fits, go ahead and post in Uncategorized. [Do you want to offer this?
What is Prohibited?
Like any community, there are general restrictions to using it, including but not limited to doing any of the following:
- rent, lease, lend, sell, sublicense, monetize or create derivative works of the Services or any part of the Services;
- modify, disclose, decompile, reverse engineer, disassemble, attempt to derive the source code, underlying ideas, or algorithms of the Services or any part of the Services;
- remove, alter, or obscure any copyright, trademark or other proprietary rights notice or labels on or in the Services;
- transmit or otherwise make available any data, files, software or other materials that is harmful, disruptive, or invasive, including any viruses, malware, time bombs, adware, worms, or any other unauthorized programming;
- use the Services in any manner that could interfere with, disrupt, negatively affect or inhibit xMatters other users from fully enjoying the Services or that could damage, disable, overburden or impair the functioning of the Services;
- use the Services for any illegal or unauthorized purpose or engage in, encourage or promote any illegal activity, or any activity that violates these Terms;
- attempt to gain unauthorized access to the Services or related systems or networks;
- use the Services to store or transmit infringing, libelous or otherwise unlawful or tortious material, or to store or transmit material in violation of the rights of xMatters or any third party;
- access or collect information from the Site through any automated means, whether through robots, spiders, web crawlers, scripts or otherwise;
- impersonate another person by using a name, likeness or background information that is not your own, misrepresent your affiliation with a person or entity, or otherwise publish inaccurate information about yourself;
- transmit unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, promotions, political campaigning, or other unsolicited or unauthorized communications;
- build a competitive product or service, or copy any features or functions of the Services;
- disclose to any third party any performance information or analysis relating to the Services; or
- cause or permit any third party to do any of the foregoing.
The Real Fine Print