SAN RAMON, CA – January 14, 2021 – xMatters (www.xmatters.com), developer of the leading digital service availability platform that prevents technical issues from becoming business problems, today announced it has successfully completed its System and Organization Controls (SOC 2) Type II examination, an industry requirement for technology vendors that demonstrates a high level of governance and security. xMatters was evaluated on controls and effectiveness over a period of six months. xMatters’ service commitments and system requirements were evaluated based on the trust services criteria relevant to security and availability with no exceptions noted.
Enterprises turn to xMatters for an adaptive approach to incident management that reduces friction in the continuous software development cycle. xMatters delivers digital service resilience through automation, collaboration and by using data to inform and evolve incident management processes to deliver the most reliable customer experiences.
xMatters protects personal and company data by ensuring secure and reliable collaboration within its SaaS platform. The company complies with strict privacy regulations and enterprise standards and has an Assurance Program in place. xMatters is also audited against a detailed set of standards set by the American Institute of CPAs (AICPA). Its security practices and controls are aligned with the highest internationally recognized standards, such as International Organization for Standardization (ISO) 27001, ISO 27017, ISO 27018, and now SOC 2 and SOC 3, a publicly available summary of the SOC 2 report.
“Thousands of our users around the world log large amounts of data in our systems every day and entrust their information to our data protection structure,” said Kendra Niedziejko, Data Protection Officer and CFO at xMatters. “This SOC 2 Type II report not only provides our customers with the ultimate confidence that their data will be safe and secure, but it also helps streamline the procurement process. Building on our commitment to support secure data processes, we strive to exceed the highest standards for privacy and security so we can provide an exceptional and safe SaaS experience.”
The company continues to invest in the security of its services to not only meet, but exceed, industry standards and customer expectations. Completion of the SOC 2 examination builds on a number of security and compliance-related certifications achieved by xMatters this past year:
- ISO 27001: 2013 Information Security Management System (ISMS): Sets compulsory controls in different risk management areas, such as data security, vulnerability management, access control and business continuity. xMatters achieved the milestone with zero nonconformities––a rare accomplishment.
- ISO 27017: 2015 ISMS Cloud Security: Primarily concerned with the relationship between SaaS providers and their customers by implementing additional key security controls.
- ISO 27018: 2019 Management System for protection of personally identifiable information (PII) in public clouds acting as PII processors.
- A copy of the SOC 2 report is available to xMatters clients under an established non-disclosure agreement. Please contact email@example.com to request a copy.
- xMatters’ SOC 3, a publicly available copy of the SOC 2 report, can be viewed here: https://www.xmatters.com/trust/security/soc-3/
- Read more about xMatters’ ISO 27001 security certification
- Visit www.xmatters.com
- Follow @xMatters_inc on Twitter and @xMatters, inc on LinkedIn
xMatters helps enterprises prevent, manage and resolve technology incidents. xMatters industry-leading Digital Service Availability platform prevents technical issues from becoming big business problems. Large enterprises, agile SREs and innovative DevOps teams rely on its proactive incident response, automation and management service to maintain operational visibility and control in today’s highly fragmented technology environment. xMatters provides toolchain integrations to hundreds of IT management, security and DevOps tools. xMatters is the primary incident response and management platform trusted by leading global companies and innovative challengers including BMC Software, Credit Suisse, Danske Bank, DXC technology, Experian, NVIDIA, ViaSat and Vodafone. xMatters is headquartered in San Ramon, California and has offices worldwide. For more information, please visit www.xMatters.com.
Bhava Communications for xMatters