Senior Technical CommunicatorVictoria or Vancouver, BC
This is an opportunity for a talented candidate to join a progressive and evolving product communications team that does so much more than just technical documentation. Our collateral and content are integral to our products and a critical aspect of the overall user experience.
Here’s your chance to:
- Contribute to outstanding customer communication throughout our organization
- Develop a broad and varied suite of user documentation based on the latest help technologies
- Collaborate with product designers and development teams to implement market-leading user experiences within our documentation and across our products
- Participate in product reviews, internal training, and customer forums regarding documentation, user experience, and communication issues
- Apply the latest communication tools and concepts to help organize and present content for technical and non-technical audiences
- Define how our customers are able to interact with, learn about, and discover product features
This is no run-of-the-mill technical writing position: as a member of our Product Communications team, you’ll collaborate closely with our amazing engineers, product managers, designers, content developers, SEO professionals, and other stakeholders to help build our world-class platform. If you have the technical skills, experience, and personality to deliver stellar user documentation, we want to hear from you.
Other things to know
Reporting to the Product Communications Team Lead, this position will involve occasional travel.
Successful candidates will possess the following:
- Six+ years of experience as a technical communicator or similar role
- An ability to absorb and explain complex content for different audiences
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Familiarity with single-sourcing concepts and industry-standard authoring tools
- Post-secondary education (or equivalent experience) in a related field such as journalism, computer science, or communication
Note: Only candidates with legal status to work in Canada (specifically BC, Ontario, or Quebec) will be considered; preference will be given to candidates in the Vancouver and Victoria areas.
Experience with any (or all!) of the following is also valuable:
- REST APIs and/or developer portals
- Major incident management practices
- Guided onboarding strategies and mobile app help workflows
- Product integrations
- User experience concepts and best practices
- Agile development practices and methodologies such as Scrum
- Professional services, business analysis, or help desk/support
- Virtual training & eLearning development
- Software-as-a-Service/cloud-based software
- Tools such as MadCap Flare, JIRA, Slack, Visio, Zendesk, Camtasia, SnagIt
What We Do & How We Do It
xMatters develops a cloud solution that connects insights from any system to accelerate essential business processes. Our extensible platform adds intelligent communication across the entire enterprise with automated, targeted communications to ensure that critical messages and notifications get through to the right people to get the job done.
On the development side, we’ve been Scrum/Agile zealots for over ten years, and we roll out new features continuously. Combined with our DevOps culture, the result is a very fast-moving engine that requires solid communication and documentation that will continue to make our customers successful and happy.
Cool Culture: Why You’ll Love Working Here
- Modern offices in downtown Victoria and Vancouver (or work from home/remotely)
- Above-market compensation
- Full extended medical benefits, including dental and vision
- Strong belief in work/life balance (and we mean it)
- Opportunity to engage with xMatters community members and customers directly
- Annual health & wellness grant to spend on almost anything to improve your life
- Innovation is rewarded with glory and seriously great prizes
- Diverse, smart, and talented co-workers
- Collaborative, fun work environment, where laughing and learning go together
- Generous employee referral program
- Fun days involving curling, Frisbee golf, billiards at the pub, and so on (conditions permitting)
Interviewing and working with us during COVID-19
- All interviews will be conducted via video conferences
- Currently, all xMatters employees are encouraged to work from home
- We follow the guidance of health authorities in each jurisdiction where we have offices
- We have developed health and safety procedures and guidelines for employees who want to continue working at our offices
Conditions of employment
- Legally able to work in Canada and reside in BC, Ontario, or Quebec
- Background check
- Agree to acceptable use policy
Tell us why you'd be a great fit for this position!
- Complete the form below
- Attach your resume
- REQUIRED: Add a cover letter and tell us how your skills & experience relate to this position