Senior Product Marketing ManagerSan Ramon, CA or US (Remote)
About the Position
As xMatters enters its next chapter of growth, we’re looking for an experienced, forward-thinking, and collaborative senior product marketing manager to lead our high velocity buyer journey. This is not your traditional product marketing gig. As a key member of the team, you’ll flex your strategic muscles to drive customer acquisition through product-led growth. By understanding our personas and the journey they take from prospect to customer, you’ll help create compelling awareness, engagement, activation, and retention initiatives. Strong analytical skills are essential to identify replicable successes and pinpoint opportunities for improvement. The cross-functional nature of the role will have you forming meaningful partnerships (and likely friendships) across marketing, product management, user experience, web development, and sales. By obliterating friction in the buyer journey and growing the customer base at scale, you’ll have a profound impact on our business.
Diversity and Inclusion – We hire people from a wide range of backgrounds and experiences while fostering a culture that ensures everyone’s perspective is heard and respected.
Innovation – We’re in the digital transformation business, so it’s in our DNA to be bold, experiment, and quickly adapt to market changes across our company, from finance to the field.
Professional Development – We invest in the growth of our people, paying for training, conferences, meetups—whatever helps them grow and do their best work.
At xMatters, we work together to help our customers solve technology problems before they become business problems (translation: when $hit happens, we minimize the blast radius).
xMatters is building the next generation Digital Service Availability platform. Our customers’ livelihood depends on their Digital Services – our platform ensures those services are up and running. We started over a decade ago building alerting apps. Now our leading incident management platform is in use by the biggest, most complex companies in the world. It’s pretty cool. With more than 2 million technology professionals on our platform we are the most widely used IT, SRE and DevOps platform in use today. xMatters is headquartered in San Ramon, CA with offices in Victoria, Montreal, Vancouver, Draper UT, London and Sydney. 2016 Rated #1 by Fortune – BEST PLACE TO WORK – Midsize Technology Company!
First and foremost – we are all about “Same Team”. We win and lose together. We also love providing Insanely Great Service to our clients and treating the people who work for our customers as partners and friends. We believe we can be great and strive to get there without climbing over our co-workers (fellow xPerts).
- Manage the product-led growth playbook and business results
- Assess business metrics to prioritize and implement improvement opportunities
- Foster a culture of test and learn to drive growth
- Boost product awareness by collaborating on paid campaigns and organic content
- Improve prospect engagement by owning touch points (internal / external web pages, emails, onboarding in conjunction with product) across the digital buyer journey
- Influence product activation and retention through an in-depth understanding of common conversion activities
- Own competitive research, analysis, and training for product advocates and sales
Skills / Requirements
- 5+ years of product marketing or product management experience within a high-growth company
- Demonstrable experience in user journey optimization and product-led growth
- Ability to make data-informed decisions that deliver value to users throughout the buyer journey
- Excellent communication skills across written, verbal, and story-telling mediums
- Technical curiosity to take positioning, competitive differentiation, and user journey elements to the next level
- Strong category understanding of DevOps, SRE, and incident management
- Technical background/education and experience marketing to technical buyers
- Familiarity with persona research, development, and positioning
- Strong cross-functional team and project leadership. You like to have fun while GSD.
- Toolsets: GA, Heap Analytics, Totango, Salesforce