Senior Product Marketing Manager, Enterprise Buyer JourneySan Ramon, CA or US (Remote)
About the Position
xMatters is amid an exciting go-to-market transformation and we’re looking for a talented product marketer to help lead the way. You’ll oversee the enterprise buyer journey by forming deep partnerships across sales and marketing, prioritizing investments, and driving key initiatives to the finish line. You are a powerful spokesperson skilled in evangelizing internal initiatives and championing xMatters externally. You will serve as the positioning arm of account-based marketing efforts, developing core and competitive positioning, enabling sales, leading launches, and contributing towards revenue-generating marketing campaigns. You will drive go-to-market efforts that directly impact xMatters’ next chapter of growth.
We’re looking for someone who has a balance of business and technical acumen, along with strong interpersonal skills and the confidence to put their unique stamp on our business. The ideal candidate will have a “leader-doer” mindset, with the ability to formulate strategy while rolling up their sleeves to get stuff done. You form strong relationship with sales and are viewed as a trusted partner who helps impact revenue growth.
Diversity and Inclusion – We hire people from a wide range of backgrounds and experiences while fostering a culture that ensures everyone’s perspective is heard and respected.
Innovation – We’re in the digital transformation business, so it’s in our DNA to be bold, experiment, and quickly adapt to market changes across our company, from finance to the field.
Professional Development – We invest in the growth of our people, paying for training, conferences, meetups—whatever helps them grow and do their best work.
At xMatters, we work together to help our customers solve technology problems before they become business problems (translation: when $hit happens, we minimize the blast radius).
xMatters is building the next generation Digital Service Availability platform. Our customers’ livelihood depends on their Digital Services – our platform ensures those services are up and running. We started over a decade ago building alerting apps. Now our leading incident management platform is in use by the biggest, most complex companies in the world. With more than 2 million technology professionals on our platform we are the most widely used IT, SRE and DevOps platform in use today.
xMatters is headquartered in San Ramon, CA with offices in Victoria, Montreal, Vancouver, Draper UT, London and Sydney. 2016 Rated #1 by Fortune – BEST PLACE TO WORK – Midsize Technology Company and in 2019 as a SF Bay Area Best Startup by the Timmy Awards.
First and foremost – we are all about “Same Team”. We win and lose together. We also love providing Insanely Great Service to our clients and treating the people who work for our customers as partners and friends. We believe we can be great and strive to get there without climbing over our co-workers (fellow xPerts).
- Continuously assess and invest in the enterprise buyer journey with the goal of building a scalable, predictable, and efficient acquisition model
- Develop compelling go-to-market strategies and plays across a range of personas to align with Account-Based Marketing efforts
- Partner with demand generation to secure buying center engagement within our target market
- Own product positioning across key buyer personas
- Lead product launches
- Assess competition and position and differentiate xMatters effectively
- Enable sales with compelling assets, information, and presentations
- Facilitate solution selling across a wide range of enterprise accounts
Experience and Skills Required
- 5+ years of product marketing experience within a high-growth company
- Demonstrable experience as a successful B2B product marketer, preferably at companies that excel in solution selling to enterprise accounts
- Ability to make data-driven decisions that deliver value to users throughout the buyer journey
- Excellent communication skills across written, verbal, and story-telling mediums
- Technical curiosity to take positioning, competitive differentiation, and user journey elements to the next level
- Strong category understanding of DevOps, SRE, and incident management
- Technical background/education and experience marketing to technical buyers
- Familiarity with persona research, development, and positioning
- Strong cross-functional team and project leadership. You like to have fun while GSD.