Sales Development RepresentativeDraper, Utah
About the Position
We are looking for a qualified and competitive Sales Development Representative to join our growing Sales team. The SDR is usually the first interaction a prospect has with xMatters and is an essential component of the rapidly growing sales organization. SDR’s focus on bridging the gap between marketing and sales by qualifying marketing generated leads then introducing the appropriate Account Executive. They also focus on partnering with Strategic Field Account Executives prospecting into organizations to uncover potential opportunities within identified verticals or industries. This is a team-oriented position that offers a clear career path and excellent earning potential within sales. We are looking for candidates who are as driven, energetic, and as intelligent as our solution.
Diversity and Inclusion – We hire people from a wide range of backgrounds and experiences while fostering a culture that ensures everyone’s perspective is heard and respected.
Innovation – We’re in the digital transformation business, so it’s in our DNA to be bold, experiment, and quickly adapt to market changes across our company, from finance to the field.
Professional Development – We invest in the growth of our people, paying for training, conferences, meetups—whatever helps them grow and do their best work.
At xMatters, we work together to help our customers solve technology problems before they become business problems (translation: when $hit happens, we minimize the blast radius).
xMatters is building the next generation Digital Service Availability platform. Our customers’ livelihood depends on their Digital Services – our platform ensures those services are up and running. We started over a decade ago building alerting apps. Now our leading incident management platform is in use by the biggest, most complex companies in the world. It’s pretty cool. With more than 2 million technology professionals on our platform we are the most widely used IT, SRE and DevOps platform in use today. xMatters is headquartered in San Ramon, CA with offices in Victoria, Montreal, Vancouver, Draper UT, London and Sydney. 2016 Rated #1 by Fortune – BEST PLACE TO WORK – Midsize Technology Company!
First and foremost – we are all about “Same Team”. We win and lose together. We also love providing Insanely Great Service to our clients and treating the people who work for our customers as partners and friends. We believe we can be great and strive to get there without climbing over our co-workers (fellow xPerts).
- Understand the competitive landscape and customer needs to effectively position xMatters solutions
- Effectively articulate the xMatters value proposition to prospective customers
- Contact, qualify and nurture leads via phone, email and chat to actively build a pipeline of qualified sales opportunities
- Create new contacts and leads in the system to prospect into while actively building a pipeline of qualified sales opportunities
- Coordinate prospecting efforts with a distributed sales team
- Work closely with the Strategic Sales team to develop account intelligence, relationship maps and use case opportunities through direct account engagement and through our insight tools
- Shadow your dedicated account executives in meetings and other activities to help you acquire the skills needed for future sales promotion
- Keep Salesforce (SFDC) up to-date with lead activity and qualification notes
- Think outside of the box on prospecting and inbound strategies
- Adhere to lead qualification standards
- Demonstrate the value of our offering through phone, email, LinkedIn and other social platforms
- Work with sales to identify qualification improvements and ensure only qualified leads are passed
- Proactively provide closed-loop feedback on programs, messaging and processes to ensure continuous optimization and improvement
- Fearlessness and willingness to meet with new people daily
- Aptitude to manage multiple requests and time demands concurrently while achieving production goals from assigned territory or accounts
- Confident, positive, energetic, professional and team-oriented attitude with a strong desire to compete and win
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
- 1-2 years’ experience in inside sales or lead development with B2B SaaS company
- Demonstrated ability to achieve and exceed goals in an automated sales environment where accurate entry and management of data in a CRM system is required
- Team player, with strong self-starter attitude
- Familiarity with consultative selling methodologies
- High-caliber phone and listening skills. You must be engaging, compelling and articulate over the phone, and professional in email communications
- Understanding of current technology landscape, not a pro, but have a perspective
- Desire to self-educate and look for ways to further your knowledge outside the available trainings provided internally
- Ability to patiently and persistently build/nurture prospect relationships to cultivate latent demand
- Ability to handle objections and educate prospects in a consultative manner
- Superior interpersonal, communication and problem-solving skills