Technical Product ManagerVancouver or Victoria, BC
What We Do & How We Do It
xMatters develops a cloud solution that connects insights from any system to accelerate essential business processes. Our extensible platform adds intelligent communication across the entire enterprise with automated, targeted communications to ensure that critical messages and notifications get through to the right people to get the job done.
On the development side, we’ve been Scrum/Agile zealots for over seven years, and we roll out new features weekly. Combined with our DevOps culture, the result is a very fast-moving engine that requires solid product management to define products that will continue to make our customers successful and happy.
This is an opportunity to help guide important components of our On-Demand service including on-call management, event intelligence, and integration technologies. If you’ve ever wanted a chance to drive product innovation for a dynamic and growing cloud-service company, this is the position you’ve been looking for.
As product manager, you’ll collaborate closely with our amazing engineering team, technical communicators, designers, UX experts and other stakeholders to build out our world-class platform. You’ll also interact and meet with our name-brand customers to assess market needs and represent them within xMatters. If you have the technical skills and experience to be an outstanding product manager, we want to hear from you.
Cool Culture: Why You’ll Love Working Here
- Modern offices in downtown Vancouver
- Personalized environments: Mac lover? Linux hacker? Have at ‘er – all on big screens
- Full extended medical benefits, including dental and vision
- Strong belief in work/life balance (and we mean it)
- Annual health & wellness grant to spend on almost anything to improve your life
- Emphasis on innovation: we dedicate one day every month to our pet projects
- And, BTW, innovation is rewarded with glory and seriously great prizes
- Diverse, smart, and talented co-workers
- Collaborative, fast moving work environment
- Well-stocked kitchen with snacks, drinks, and ‘beverages’
- Generous employee referral program
- Fun days involving curling, Frisbee golf, bowling, billiards at the pub, and so on
Your Core Responsibilities
- Work closely with our software architects and UX team to define new features, including building out our REST APIs that are used internally and externally
- Interact with customers, sales, consulting, support, and other stakeholders to identify the highest value investments we can make in our product
- Collaborate with engineering to maintain sprint backlogs and support our sprint process with planning, shoulder surfs, and reviews
- Assist in rollouts by delivering/overseeing webinars, training, documentation, and other release artifacts
- Participate in product marketing team activities to brag about our awesome creations!
Your Education, Experience and Skill Sets
- BA/BS degree, preferably in some geeky realm... but we’ve seen a coder with a jazz degree nailing it, so if you think you’ve got what it takes, we're gonna be open-minded
- 2+ years in product management and/or 3+ years in software development or implementation
- Solid communication skills – you love interacting with users to identify the features they need
- Ability – nay, desire! – for frequent customer interaction, including occasional travel
- Experience working in a DevOps-savvy environment
- Working knowledge of IT processes and systems, especially ITSM and ITOM
Stuff That Earns You Bonus Points
- Scrum certification
- Pragmatic Marketing training
- Experience in BCM or other emergency communications
- Knowledge of the Star Wars universe (or the ability to Google same)