Product AdvocateUS - CA, GA, TX, UT Preferred or Canada - BC, ON, QC
Diversity and Inclusion – We hire people from a wide range of backgrounds and experiences while fostering a culture that ensures everyone’s perspective is heard and respected.
Innovation – We’re in the digital transformation business, so it’s in our DNA to be bold, experiment, and quickly adapt to market changes across our company, from finance to the field.
Professional Development – We invest in the growth of our people, paying for training, conferences, meetups—whatever helps them grow and do their best work.
At xMatters, we work together to help our customers solve technology problems before they become business problems (translation: when $hit happens, we minimize the blast radius).
xMatters is building the next generation Digital Service Availability platform. Our customers’ livelihood depends on their Digital Services – our platform ensures those services are up and running. We started over a decade ago building alerting apps. Now our leading incident management platform is in use by the biggest, most complex companies in the world. It’s pretty cool. With more than 2 million technology professionals on our platform we are the most widely used IT, SRE and DevOps platform in use today. xMatters is headquartered in San Ramon, CA with offices in Victoria, Montreal, Vancouver, Draper UT, London and Sydney. 2016 Rated #1 by Fortune – BEST PLACE TO WORK – Midsize Technology Company!
First and foremost – we are all about “Same Team”. We win and lose together. We also love providing Insanely Great Service to our clients and treating the people who work for our customers as partners and friends. We believe we can be great and strive to get there without climbing over our co-workers (fellow xPerts).
Position Purpose & Description:
Our customers are doing more and more astounding things with the xMatters platform every day, and as a result, we’re growing rapidly. To continue fueling this growth, we’re now seeking a product advocate to join our team. Are you a whiz at identifying customer needs and opportunities to drive product-led growth? As an xMatters product advocate, you’ll serve as a champion for the xMatters platform, its key features, and its use cases – helping customers find the optimal solution. Partnering with marketing, product management and our customer success organization, you will own and drive interaction with inbound product requests at a technical and sales level. You will help SRE’s and developers realize success through the xMatters platform. Fun, right? Keep reading.
This role is for a performance-driven individual who can excel in a startup environment. You’re obsessed with helping customers solve technology and business problems. You love nothing more than to talk about a product you believe will bring value to a customer’s need, and you’re excited about working with fast-paced teams across the company-and across the globe.
- Provide a world-class prospect and customer experience through every interaction
- Proactively engage free and trial users of xMatters products and lead them through a user journey
- Identify patterns and trends that lead to repeatable experiences on the xMatters user-journey
- Operationalize and scale learning by developing relevant playbooks
- Become a product expert and advocate of the xMatters platform and its key features, translating that into a successful product experience
- Data-driven decisions, data-driven decisions, data-driven decisions
Preferred Professional Qualifications
- Curious, helpful, hacker (get stuff done)
- Hands-on problem solver
- 3+ years of experience in pre-sales or similar role, preferably in SaaS
- Experience communicating with developer and technical audiences
- Working knowledge of programming to enable basic scripting
- Consistent track record of meeting and exceeding objectives
- Comfortable and efficient working in essential sales tools and technologies, such as Salesforce, Totango, and LinkedIn
- Highly organized and able to adapt to changing priorities
- Empathetic listener and persuasive communicator
- Prior experience at a startup is a plus, extra bonus points for SaaS companies fueled by product-led growth
- Bachelor's degree or relevant experience
- Lots of smiles
See more on Glassdoor – https://www.glassdoor.com/Overview/Working-at-xMatters-EI_IE413400.11,19.htm
We offer competitive salary and benefits, an informal and fun working environment. We believe in autonomous small teams taking on big challenges, and we’re intentional about building an inclusive culture where everyone is able to do their best work and be the best version of themselves.