Marketing Operations ManagerUS or Canada (BC, QC, ON)
About the Position
Our Marketing Operations Manager will be responsible for designing, implementing and optimizing the demand generation engine to drive new and existing customer growth.
You will be responsible for improving the design of automated processes and establishing the objective criteria to help us convert prospects into opportunities. We are looking for someone who loves to geek out on data, process and automation. Big bonus points for having a creative side that drives you to connect with target personas in innovative ways throughout the customer lifecycle. Define KPI’s across the business funnel so that we can continuously measure, assess, and improve marketing campaigns. You will work closely with all related functions (e.g. Demand Generation, Product Marketing, Sales) while also having the autonomy to make a personal impact on the business. If you’re driven by curiosity and solving challenging problems– this is a perfect opportunity.
Diversity and Inclusion – We hire people from a wide range of backgrounds and experiences while fostering a culture that ensures everyone’s perspective is heard and respected.
Innovation – We’re in the digital transformation business, so it’s in our DNA to be bold, experiment, and quickly adapt to market changes across our company, from finance to the field.
Professional Development – We invest in the growth of our people, paying for training, conferences, meetups—whatever helps them grow and do their best work.
At xMatters, we work together to help our customers solve technology problems before they become business problems (translation: when $hit happens, we minimize the blast radius).
xMatters is building the next generation Digital Service Availability platform. Our customers’ livelihood depends on their Digital Services – our platform ensures those services are up and running. We started over a decade ago building alerting apps. Now our leading incident management platform is in use by the biggest, most complex companies in the world. It’s pretty cool. With more than 2 million technology professionals on our platform we are the most widely used IT, SRE and DevOps platform in use today. xMatters is headquartered in San Ramon, CA with offices in Victoria, Montreal, Vancouver, Draper UT, London and Sydney. 2016 Rated #1 by Fortune – BEST PLACE TO WORK – Midsize Technology Company!
First and foremost – we are all about “Same Team”. We win and lose together. We also love providing Insanely Great Service to our clients and treating the people who work for our customers as partners and friends. We believe we can be great and strive to get there without climbing over our co-workers (fellow xPerts).
- Develop a vision and implement the framework for marketing operations and measurement
- Expert level knowledge of Marketo, Salesforce and business analytics tools to drive automation, campaign execution and full scope analysis
- Utilize Marketo to build and execute marketing campaigns including campaign flows, email creation, developing dynamic content and complex nurture streams, landing page creation, form creation, webinars, lead scoring, and more
- Own, measure, and iterate on full-funnel processes required to achieve lead qualification and lead velocity milestones
- Improve our integration between Marketo and other applications to ensure campaign tracking and proper ROI measuring for campaign analysis
- Define and report on scorecard level and execute summary level KPI’s across the business funnel including lead conversion, attribution and velocity metrics
- Identify marketing funnel improvement areas, and develop process/engagement solutions with the marketing and sales team
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- 5+ years’ experience in Marketing Operations or similar role
- Demonstrable ability to self-motivate and take initiative with leading high-impact projects
- Advanced skills in Marketo (certification preferred), Salesforce (certification preferred), and BI toolsets
- Comprehensive knowledge of Sirius Demand Waterfall model or equivalent best practices
- Ability to work in a fast-paced startup environment and manage multiple projects across marketing and sales
- Comfort with identifying and setting priorities in evolving environments
- Data-driven mindset and analytical skills to isolate patterns, trends, or flags to make business-improving decisions and recommendations
- Strong project management and organizational skills, with the ability to balance scope, quality, and velocity
- Cross-functional communication skills that can be leveraged to partner with a motivated team of marketing and sales professionals
- Bachelor’s degree in a business or technical subject matter preferred