Market AnalystCanada and US (Remote)
Application is open for candidates in:
US: CA, CO, FL, GA, ID, KS, MA, NH, NJ, NV, NY, PA, TX, UT, VA, WI
Canada: BC, QC and ON only
Diversity and Inclusion – We hire people from a wide range of backgrounds and experiences while fostering a culture that ensures everyone’s perspective is heard and respected.
Innovation – We’re in the digital transformation business, so it’s in our DNA to be bold, experiment, and quickly adapt to market changes across our company, from finance to the field.
Professional Development – We invest in the growth of our people, paying for training, conferences, meetups—whatever helps them grow and do their best work.
At xMatters, we work together to help our customers solve technology problems before they become business problems (translation: when $hit happens, we minimize the blast radius).
xMatters is building the next generation Digital Service Availability platform. Our customers’ livelihood depends on their Digital Services – our platform ensures those services are up and running. We started over a decade ago building alerting apps. Now our leading incident management platform is in use by the biggest, most complex companies in the world. It’s pretty cool. With more than 2 million technology professionals on our platform we are the most widely used IT, SRE and DevOps platform in use today. xMatters is headquartered in San Ramon, CA with offices in Victoria, Montreal, Vancouver, Draper UT, London and Sydney. 2016 Rated #1 by Fortune – BEST PLACE TO WORK – Midsize Technology Company!
First and foremost – we are all about “Same Team”. We win and lose together. We also love providing Insanely Great Service to our clients and treating the people who work for our customers as partners and friends. We believe we can be great and strive to get there without climbing over our co-workers (fellow xPerts).
xMatters is hiring a full-time Market Analyst to help us make optimal investments in product development and shape our long term vision. The successful candidate will report directly to the CTO to develop a competitive analysis library, work with marketing to refine product messaging, and work with sales to craft competitive playbooks and product demos. You will be influential in decisions regarding what we build, how we sell and how we win.
- Develop and maintain a library of competitive analysis for use throughout the company, including
- Feature comparisons
- Market positioning
- Conduct win/loss analysis and provide aggregate summaries
- Develop and maintain a library demos and sales plays for use in specific competitive situations
- Collect data from all customer-facing teams on customer product ecosystems and opportunities
- Collaborate with marketing to assure effective market positioning
- Participate in analyst interviews and demonstrations
Your Education, Experience and Skill Sets
- Bachelor's degree in a technical or business-oriented discipline preferred
- Relevant job experience in the high tech industry
- Both analytical aptitude as well as the ability to synthesize and summarize data
- Strong investigative and research skills
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Proven ability to give compelling product demos
- Strategic mindset
Stuff That Earns You Bonus Points
- Familiarity with SRE, DevOps, or similar methodologies
- Experience with incident management
- Familiarity with any of the products in the ecosystem surrounding xMatters
- A passion for competition and the success of our company
- Who are xMatters’ competitors?