Content Developer & Social Media ManagerVictoria or Vancouver BC
xMatters is looking for a creative content whiz who is ready to lead our blog and social media content production and strategy. If you’re looking for an opportunity to produce and publish engaging and informative content and help build an audience of raving fans, we’d love to hear from you.
You’ll be joining a supportive and growing team of content writers and technical communicators at an established, late-stage start up. This is your chance to:
- Write and publish social media posts, blogs, and long-form collateral for an international audience of technical professionals
- Collaborate with product management, engineering, marketing, and external partners to produce, edit, and distribute diverse and informative content
- Build out blog and social media content calendars and themes
- Help develop and establish a solid voice and compelling narrative that will resonate with our customers and prospects
- Grow our followers and foster online engagement by implementing a social media content strategy across LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, and YouTube
- Help solicit and revise internal and external contributions and engage with the community to build conversations around interesting topics
We’re focused on keeping the world’s digital services available and would love to hear your ideas on how we can share our story with an expanding, tech-savvy crowd of international users.
Other things to know
This position reports to the Product Communications Team Lead, based in Victoria, British Columbia. Only candidates with legal status to work in Canada will be considered; preference will be given to candidates already living in the Victoria or Vancouver area.
Successful candidates will possess the following:
- Stellar written and oral communication skills and a strong attention to detail
- Prior experience in social media content creation, calendar management, and online engagement
- Proven, hands-on success with cross-platform multimedia content creation such as video scripts, ad copy, emails, press releases, etc.
- Ability to research and write about technical subjects relevant to our core audience
- Strong analytical acumen with the ability to review metrics and evaluate content performance to identify areas of improvement
- Familiarity with web-based analytics (Google, Heap, etc.) and content management & creation tools (WordPress, Hootsuite, VWO, Hotjar, etc.)
- Understanding of SEO practices, keywords, and marketing personas
And, of course, experience with any (or all!) of the following is also valuable:
- Product-led growth and account-based marketing
- Guided onboarding strategies and mobile app workflows
- User experience concepts and best practices
- Virtual training and eLearning development
- DevOps and SRE approaches and methodologies
- SaaS/cloud-based software and Agile development methodologies such as Scrum and Kanban
About the company
xMatters helps enterprises prevent, manage and resolve IT incidents. xMatters industry-leading Digital Service Availability platform prevents IT issues from becoming big business problems. Large enterprises, small workgroups, and innovative DevOps teams rely on its proactive issue resolution service to maintain operational visibility and control in today’s highly fragmented IT environment. xMatters provides toolchain integrations to hundreds of IT management, security, and DevOps tools. xMatters is the primary Digital Service Availability platform trusted by leading global companies and innovative challengers including BMC Software, Credit Suisse, Danske Bank, DXC technology, Experian, Intuit, NVIDIA, Sony Network Interactive, ViaSat and Vodafone. xMatters is headquartered in San Ramon, California and has offices worldwide.
Interviewing and working with us during COVID-19
- All interviews will be conducted via video conferences
- Currently, all xMatters employees are encouraged to work from home
- We follow the guidance of health authorities in each jurisdiction where we have offices
- We have developed health and safety procedures and guidelines for employees who want to continue working at our offices
Conditions of employment
- Legally able to work in Canada
- Background check
- Agree to acceptable use policy
Tell us why you'd be a great fit for this position!
- Complete the form below
- Include your resume
- REQUIRED: Add a cover letter and tell us how your skills & experience relate to this position